Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Greater Wisdom of the Heart

Often in life, we are challenged by decisions which may be very hard to make. Inevitably, the mind comes up with arguments for and against every possibility and it will continue churning out more opinions, views, pros and cons until you can feel quite confused.

I have found over the years, that allowing the heart to make those decisions is the wisest course of action. The process is simple, quieten yourself and relax whatever way works for you. This may be taking a walk in nature, meditating, listening to your favourite piece of music. It is important to let go as much as possible all the mind talk around the decision with which you want clarity. When you have achieved this calm, simply visualise or feel in your body each possibility one at a time and feel what happens in your heart. The best course of action will cause the heart to expand, even though the mind may be afraid of this course of action.

This time last year, my husband and I were separating. Obviously, it was a very trying and painful time and I was faced with the choice of moving to a smaller rented property or staying in the large house we were already renting. My mind kept saying that it would be good to downsize, as the bills would be smaller and of course, on one income, that made sense. But when I checked in with my heart, I experienced a huge expansion in the chest around staying in the big house by myself.

Over the years, I have learned to trust my heart’s guidance, so I stayed, even though I did not know if I would be able to manage the bills and looking after the house on my own.

A year on, I can honestly say it has all worked out for the best.

My message to you is trust your heart, it is the wisest part of you.

Blessings

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I like what Byron Katie says about noticing how the decision makes itself--one of the most delicious discoveries of my life!

September 30, 2009 at 3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home